Friday, December 23, 2011

THE TRUE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS...

As Christmas Day draws nigh and nigher, I am ever thankful for my Saviour, my family and my friends.  Back in Ontario, a surprised family and best friend had no idea as they thought I was arriving after Christmas!  We will gather together on Christmas, to celebrate the birth of Baby Jesus, share a wonderful turkey dinner, with homemade cranberry-orange sauce and homemade goodies; to catch up and laugh and share in the joy of simply being together.  We don't spend much money on presents, as being together is our gift.

I have to admit though, that I have already made it to Southworks Antique Mall in Cambridge, my old haunt, where I meandered about for a few hours and came upon a very very old gold tinsel, well worn and loved, and still so beautiful to me.  I also picked up some very old candle clips for my sister for her tree, she collects these, too ~ and although they will hold candles, they of course are never lit!


Tiny shoes ~ as a collector, these speak to me,
They are so sweet ~ a Winter's Dream...



These angel wings speak for themselves.....


So off now to watch the 1951 classic, "A Christmas Carol", in black and white, of course!! My sister and I will have tea and Rocky Mountain Shortbread cookies, while we enjoy the movie!  (and if anyone wants a great recipe, just ask...I will happily post it here!)

I wish each of you and your families a Merry Christmas, good health, love and happiness in the New Year and always. Be ever mindful of the true meaning of Christmas and be glad in the knowledge that a life lived for the Lord is life everlasting... oxoxoxox



No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy to hear from you, as always...