Wednesday, October 5, 2011

My French Day Bed...

There it was...the french day bed I had dreams about, searched for, and never given up hope of finding...sitting in the field at The Christie Antique Show.....in "Feathers", the booth ran by an acquaintance of mine, Joanne Price.


The sight of it made me sigh.....but alas it was not to be mine, as I could not afford such a luxury at the time.

Thinking of it still, days later, I emailed Joanne to see if the bed was still available.  Yes!  She still had it in her possession, but had decided to keep it a while longer.  She would contact me if or when she was willing to part with it.  A few months passed and the vendor emailed me, asking if I was still interested in this beauty.  There was another vendor from Christie  interested in the bed as well, Kim Davies of Tattered & Torn, and I regretfully passed on purchasing my dream day bed.

Sigh...so this was what I thought was the end of the story.....until I was emailing with Kim recently, and she asked me if I was interested in the day bed.  My third and final chance to take a leap and accept her willingness to hold onto it until Christmas!!  WHAT AN AWESOME OFFER!!  So....while visiting family and friends over the holidays, this is on the "must do" list!  I can't  thank Kim enough for being so generous to hang onto it for me! Such a sweet friend!

You know what it's like to head somewhere and just make a bee-line for something? Both of these lovely ladies have beautiful booths at Southworks Antique Mall in Cambridge, ON.  Yikes!!  I'm giving away my secrets here! Both vendors have such an eye for great finds and my home is filled with items I have purchased from their booths.  I have told each of them that their booths are so beautiful I could just "move right in".  I so miss spending time at this antique mall...another must do over the holidays! 

While I realize that "things" do not bring happiness to our lives, and that they are just material items, I also know that making my home not only functional,  but beautiful, adds a peaceful element to my daily life.   My french day bed will follow that mantra perfectly as I create my own "pied de terre" on the prairies. 

Hoping you each have a wonderful evening,

Gail ox 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy to hear from you, as always...